Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee
October 14, 2010
My name is Kenneth J. Friedman. I am the current Treasurer of the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME and serve on the boards of the New Jersey Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association, P.A.N.D.O.R.A, and the Vermont CFIDS Association.
Thank-you for your attention.
2. Grady, Denise (October 12, 2009) The New York Times . Is a Virus the Cause of Fatigue Syndrome?
3. Marcus, A.D. (June 30, 2010) The Wall Street Journal. Chronic-Fatigue Link to Virus Disputed. One Research Group Finds Virus XMRV in the Blood of Syndrome Sufferers, One does not; Papers Held From Publication.
4. Switzer, W.M., Jia, H, Hohn, O., Zheng, H., Tang, S., Shankar, A., Bannert, N, Simmons, G., Hendry, R.M., Falkenberg, V.R., Reeves, W.C., Heneine, W. (2010) Retrovirology 7:57. Absence of evidence of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus infection in persons with chronic fatigue syndrome and health controls in the United States.
5. Lo, SC., Pripuzova, N., Li, B., Komaroff, A.L., Hung, G.C., Wang, R., Alter, H.J. (August 23, 2010) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107(36):15874-9. Detection of MLV-related virus gene sequences in blood of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome and healthy blood donors.
6. http://oslersweb.co/newsletter.htm (October 9, 2010)
7. Johnson, Hillary ( 2006 ) Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic. Backinprint.com, New York, New York