In just three short months, thousands of causes just like Whittemore Peterson Institute have, all together, earned tens of thousands of dollars from our special challenges. The most earned by a cause was over $1,000. We're tremendously pleased that these Challenges work and we're excited that supporters like you are making it happen. So pleased that we've put together another 24 hour / $5,000 challenge.
According to the Nonprofit Finance Fund's recent survey:
* Nearly 90% of nonprofits surveyed expect 2010 to be as difficult or more difficult than 2009.
* 80% anticipate increased demand for services in 2010.
* Only 18% of organizations expect to end 2010 above break-even.
* The majority - 61% - have less than three months of cash available; 12% have none.
Together, you and iGive.com can make times a little less tough for Whittemore Peterson Institute.
We'll donate our marketing budget, you spread the word, and Whittemore Peterson Institute gets the money. It's that simple.
We'll give Whittemore Peterson Institute a dollar for each person who joins iGive using the special link below and visits one store via iGive between noon Wednesday, March 24, 2010 (Chicago time) and noon Thursday, the next day.
Here's where you come in. Send your friends, family, and colleagues the following link in an e-mail, tweet it, do a Facebook posting, put up posters, shout from mountain tops (you know the drill) and let them know you think Whittemore Peterson Institute is pretty cool and deserves their support, especially since it's free! You can even just forward this e-mail. The only way Whittemore Peterson Institute will get new supporters and that free $1 (or more) is if you invite them.
This is the link:
Make sure you tell your friends to perform a store visit, so that they earn the dollar.
5,000 new members, $5,000. No purchase necessary. That's 5,000 new members for all causes, not just yours, and it's only for 24 hours, so it's a bit of race.
It can turn into more than a dollar, much more ... if these new members search or buy something at an iGive store they'll earn much-needed money for Whittemore Peterson Institute. Right now, we're donating a special bonus of $5 for that first purchase plus the usual percentage. Active iGive members raise an average of over $40 per year for their cause.
- Offer active between 12:00 p.m. (noon) March 24, 2010 and 11:59 a.m., March 25, 2010 (Chicago time).
- New members only (never have been an iGive member previously).
- All the normal rules of membership, searching, and purchasing apply, our site has the details.
- Once we've given away $5,000 in total, the offer ends.
- The special link and visiting a store via iGive are necessary. No link, no store visit, no $1.
That's it. We've added tons of new stuff in the last months that we want to really test out, so spreading the word helps both Whittemore Peterson Institute and iGive. Check it out yourself at http://www.iGive.com . You may need to login first.
Robert N. Grosshandler
P.S. If you want to track how you are doing, just visit http://www.iGive.com/html/referralsreport.cfm.
If you want to track how your cause is doing, please visit http://www.iGive.com//html/causestats.cfm .
For help and questions, please visit http://support.iGive.com