Just thought I would pass on to the support group that we are nearing an interesting date. The FDA was supposed to give a decision about 3 months ago and they extended the deadline until May. I believe they wanted some more information from the company that makes the drug.
I'll keep you posted.
Dr. Montoya at Stanford has had success in treating CFS patients with an anti-viral which is already FDA-approved for another virus, and a member of my online support group, who didn't have the $1100 a month for that one, improved somewhat on a related anti-viral that's only $200/month. So, there are ways to get around the FDA's refusal to approve Ampligen, but only if you have a doctor willing to prescribe Montoya's drug off-label, and only if you have one of the viruses it works on (which not all CFS patients test positive for).
Fingers crossed that this time, there's enough evidence that CFS is a viral illness and not purely psychological, that the FDA will approve Ampligen on this go-round. But I'm not holding my breath.